Erica Domesek's DIY Designer Accesories
DIY Embroidered Fingerless Gloves
Materials:• We Love Colors Solid Color Nylon Gloves ($8)
• We Love Colors Solid Sports Socks ($7)
• 2 Brooches
• Gold Plated Liquid Hot Dog Beads ($2.20)
• Hot glue gun
• Scissors Directions For Fingerless Gloves:
If you already own a pair of fingerless gloves, or would rather purchase a pair instead of making your own, please skip to step 6.
- First, you need to make your fingerless gloves! Using your scissors, cut across your gloves horizontally, removing all the fingers. Then snip off the tip off the thumb.
- Next, it's time to make an insert for the gloves. Start by cutting the feet off the socks. The idea is to create a tube shape that is approximately 12-inches long.
- Halfway down the long side of the sock, make one slit (approximately one-inch long), which will act as the thumbhole.
- Slide the fingerless glove inside the sock tube and pull the glove's thumb through the slit.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 for the second glove.
- Now it's time to create the gloves' embellishments! For the first glove, glue the hot dog-shaped beads onto each brooch to create dimension. Ideally, you should create a sunburst effect, but customize the gloves however you want.
- Wait approximately 10 minutes or until the glue completely dries.
- Once you are finished with both brooches, pin or glue them to the glove.
Faux Fur EarmuffsMaterials:• Headband • Fur trim • Felt • Hot glue gun • Scissors Directions For Earmuffs
- Fold a piece of felt in half, which will be the base of the earmuff.
- Trace and cut a circle leaving approximately 3 inches flat on the bottom fold. The size of the circle can vary per person. You will need two of these felt rounds. When open flat, circles should be connected in the middle.
- Apply small amounts of glue onto the outside of the felt, and begin wrapping around a fur or faux fur strand, gently holding it in place until set. Continue to glue and coil inward until you reach the center.
- When completely covered, trim excess fur. Attach each muff by sandwiching them outside of a headband, gluing insides of felt together.
For more information on Erica Domesek go to psimadethis.com.