Eco-Friendly Jewelry Cleaning with Sophie Uliano
For Silver JewelryMaterials Needed:
• A glass baking dish
• 1 tbsp salt • 2 tbsp baking soda • 1 tbsp vinegar • 1 cups of boiling water • Aluminum Foil • Paper towel • Soft Cloth • Toothbrush Directions: Line the baking dish with the foil. Spread the salt and soda on the bottom of the dish on top of the foil. Lay your jewelry in a single layer in dish. Add the vinegar and then the water. Leave for 5 minutes, agitating every now and again. If tarnish is bad, leave for 10 minutes and use toothbrush to scrub bad area. Remove, rinse, and polish with soft cloth.
• 1 tsp dish detergent
• Soft Cloth • 1 Small Bowl Directions: Dissolve 1 tsp. of delicate-wash laundry detergent in a small bowl of warm water. Dip in a soft cloth and use to gently wipe over the pearls.
• Toothpaste Directions: The best way to clean a diamond ring is to use toothpaste and a toothbrush.
For Gold Jewelry
• Light Beer
• Small Bowl • Soft Cloth Directions: Beer will get the shine back into your solid gold. Just drop in you jewelry, let soak and polish with soft cloth.
• Box of white school board chalk
• Plastic Baggies Directions: You need to store it in a tightly sealed plastic bag along with a piece of chalk. Tarnish is a kind of corrosion, which is caused by airborne particles such as sulphur. The chalk helps to absorb these particles.