DYI Collage Case
- Structured case
- Photos or Magazine Cut-outs
- Adhesive Spray or Glue Stick
- Mod Podge
- Sponge Brush
- Black Acrylic Paint
1. The case you use should have a structured side that is flat and substantial. You can do this on a suitcase, a travel trunk; you can even do it on structured tote bags and storage containers.
2. Use photos or cut out magazine images and trim off the excess paper around the image.
3. Spray adhesive glue, or roll glue stick on the surface of the container.
4. Attached the photos to container.
5. Seal and protect photos/magazine cut-outs from wear and tear, and discoloration, with Mod Podge. Paint Mod Podge over the images with a sponge brush and let it dry.
6. Mod Podge goes on white, but it will dry clear. Wait for the first coat to dry. If you feel the need, do a second coat.
7. To make the case look like it’s framed, plaint a thin line of black acrylic paint all around the edge of the container. You can also outline the individual images if you want to define and separate the images even more!
8. You can use it as a memory chest, forever serving as a time capsule of who you or your child was and what you or they were into at that time.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page