1. You’ll want to cut the top off your can- which can be done in a variety of ways. I first tried using a knife and cutting through but have since learned that there is an easier way to do this. There’s an army knife created in the 1940’s called the P-38 which is the best/easiest way to make a clean cut without sharp edges.
2. Once the top is removed, cut the can to your desired length…
3. Cut down the can in about 1/2 “ thick strips from your newly cut top down to the base of the can…
Warning: always wear gloves when dealing with sharp objects
4. Once all sides of the can are cut to strips, fold out each strip out…
5. Take your pliers or tweezers and grab the end of each strip and start rolling towards the center of the can…
6. When you get to the center, turn the roll sideways so that you can see the scroll…
7. Adjust all the strips and voila! You can stop there…or you can add a mosaic base to make it more sturdy!
Directions for Mosaic:
1. Take any leftover ceramic tile that you would like to use.
2. Take a hammer to the tile to break it up into little pieces.
3. Mix up mortar according to the manufacturer’s directions.
4. Add each piece of tile by buttering the back of the tile with a knife.
5. Let dry.
6. Mix up grout according to the manufacturer’s directions.
7. Pour the grout over your tile.
8. Rub any excess grout away/off of your tile.
9. Let dry.
Get more Do It Yourself Ideas from the Home & Family Pinterest Page