Get Brit Morin’s how to instructions for making a chic shag ottoman with yarn!
- Thick White Yarn
- Standard White Yarn
- The first thing you need to do is create a whole bunch of pom-poms
- Keep wrapping until you’ve got a layer that’s almost an inch think
- Slide the yarn off your fingers carefully and cut off an extra piece of yard to tie around the bundle
- Tie a piece of yarn around the bundle across the middle. Tie it really tight!
- Now cut the loops. You want to cut them along the top so that they are all around the same length
- Once all of the loops are cut, trim off any extra-long pieces that might be sticking out
- Keep making pom-pons until you’ve got a few boxes worth
- Bunch them up to see how many more yu need to make and whether you need additional thick or thin ones
- Use a hot glue gun to attach them to your boring old ottoman
- Keep going until you’ve covered the entire ottoman
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.