Maria Provenzano is getting creative with these festive wine charms.
- Shrink paper
- Hole puncher
- Permanent markers
- Acrylic paint
- Baking sheet and parchment paper
1. Trace shapes onto shrink paper.
- Remember your shape will shrink by about 50%, so make sure to draw your shapes bigger than you’d like the charm to be.
2. Color in your shape with acrylic paint
- You can use any acrylic paint or alcohol based permanent ink, but DO NOT use water colors or crayons.
3. Make a hole in top of the charm.
- Make sure it’s big enough to slip charm ring or twine through. (Once again, make hole bigger than you’d like because it will shrink by 50%.)
4. Cut shape out
5. Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
6. Bake in oven according to directions on shrink paper
- Typically 325 degrees for 2-3 minutes
- Do not use a microwave.
7. Let it cool for a few minutes.
8. Tie twine in hole or put charm ring through the hole.
Get more information about this episode >>