DIY Spring Flower Sandals
- Fabric – chiffon and tulle mixture
- Fabric Scissors
- 6 Beads/jewels you would like for the middle of the flower
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Sandals (the best kind to use are those with a strap down the front)
- Thread (match the color of your fabric for the best match)
- Card stock
- Push pins
- Optional – hair clips
1. Draw the petals of a flower on a piece of card stock – five petals work best. You can free hand it, or use one of the templates provided. I used a variety of sizes that are available here.
2. HINT FROM PAIGE IN SEGMENT: An easy tip: Draw just one petal on card stock and use that as a template for the entire 5-petal flower.
3. Cut out the flower from the card stock.
4. Take your chiffon fabric and fold it many times about the size of your flower, and with enough ease to cut through.
5. Use pins to hold the fabric together.
6. Place your template on top of the fabric. You can pin it to the fabric, or trace the outline of the flower onto your fabric.
7. Remove the template and add a pin to the center of your flower.
8. Using fabric scissors & cut out the flower.
9. Repeat this process for the tulle fabric.
10. Repeat this process until you have about 30 layers for each flower. Mix the layers of tulle and chiffon.
11. Take your threaded needle and tie it off at the end. Use a larger than usual knot to hold it in place.
12. Take the needle through the bottom of the cluster of flower layers and make a few stitches to hold the layers in place.
13. Take one of your threaded beads and secure it to the center of your flower. Continue making stitches until the bead is secured in place.
14. HINT FOR IN-SEGMENT FROM PAIGE: Pinch the sides of the fabric so that your flower has volume and secure it with a stitch.
15. 2 OPTIONS – You can hot glue the flower into place on the sandal, or use hair clips and glue the flower to the clips.
16. Enjoy your new Springy shoes!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page