1. Using a hand saw, cut one of the planks of wood so that you have two pieces at 6” high. Throw away the leftover piece of plank. (You can also have your hardware store cut this for you. If you chose this method, buy the planks at the hardware store as well. They will not cut wood for you that didn’t come from their store, so it’s a helpful tip to get it all done in the same place!)
2. On the plank that you will be using as the top piece, measure out 6 individual holes (equal distance apart) and mark the middle of the hole.
3. Using the screw gun with the paddle bit, drill through the board until you have a perfect hole. Continue this process until all 6 holes are cut. (You can put this between two boards or use saw horses to make these cuts, or you can hang the wood over the edge of your work table.)
4. You will be gluing and nailing two long boards parallel to each other, with the first board with holes on top, and the two shorter cut boards between as a frame. To do this, take the bottom piece of your wood and glue the two side pieces on to either end.
5. Turn the structure over and using a nail gun, nail the sides together.
6. Add wood glue to the top of the side pieces and lay your top piece on, nailing it together.
7. If you would like to paint or stain the wood, do so now and set it aside to dry.
8. Take your milk bottles and turn them slightly on their side to get them in your structure, and face the tops of the bottles up. (Note: You will want to add water AFTER they are in place. Use a pitcher for best results.)
9. Voila! Add flowers and enjoy!