Instructions for the Tree
1) Attach a 3 foot length of 2” Pipe to plywood base with 3 shelf brackets
2) Slide a 4-5’ section of 1 ½ “ Pipe into the 2” pipe (by sliding the pipe down in the bigger pipe. You do not need to secure it any more than this.)
3) Attach a 4-way connector to top of 1 ½” pipe.
4) From there you can add various lengths of 1 ½” PVC adding connectors as you go to create the tree shape you desire.
5) Build branches from 1 ½ “ to 1” (you want the branches to thin out). Off of the 1 ½” pipes add 1” 3 way connectors and attach thinner 1’ pipes.
6) Create spooky curved final branches with flexible PVC pipe and slip into the ends of 1” pipe. (To make extra curly, roll pipe into tight curl and zip tie together letting sit for a few hours to hold shape.)
TIP: Use PVC glue and screws to reinforce the joints if wanted
TIP: If you create longer branches, reinforce them also with glue and screws
Instructions for Tree Bark
1) Use 1 part water, 1 part Modge Podge and 1 part black paint
2) Stir together in a bucket
3) Take a portion of the brown paper (about 3 feet long) and rip it off the roll
4) Dip brown paper into the solution
5) Wring out the paper by squeezing it above the bucket
6) Wrap paper tightly around the pipe (to avoid it from slipping)
7) Let wet paper drip dry before adding additional paper (to create more texture)
8) Wrap in sections; go all the way to the main base, then stop so you can disassemble the tree if necessary.
TIP: *Anywhere you see a joint, careful not to cover it in “bark” so you can disassemble the tree for easy storage.