1) Create a solid background color of your choice (Background colors will already be on all canvasses). Paint it on, and then let that dry. Tip: Notice how I don't go all the way to the edge.
2) Paint your top coat using a roller and roll it on.
3) Then paint on your final coat.
4) It is time for the final touch. To get the effect around the edges, first spritz the water on the edge of the frame.
5) Using a sponge, smoothen out the edges and take it off. This gives it a more rugged, Rothko effect.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page