DIY Quote Plaque
- Wood Plaque (any size you desire...I picked up one that is 18” long by 5 1⁄2” tall)
- Old red wine
- Paint brush
- Mod podge
1) Choose your favorite quote or create your own. Print it out on regular paper and set it aside. If the quote and/or board is longer than what will fit on a regular piece of paper, then divide the quote in two and print it on two sheets of paper.
2) Take your red wine and pour it into a cup (or a bowl) to easily use it (like you would for paint).
3) Clean your wood surface first and then using a paint brush or a rag, spread out the red wine on the board. Continue this step until the entire board is covered. Set aside to dry.
4) If you are happy with the color, stop there. If you would like a deeper shade, continue step 3 until you have reached your desired color.
5) Take your printed quote and tear the edges of the paper to make it look aged.
6) Take you red wine and dilute it with water 50/50 (1:1) then using a paint brush lightly brush on the diluted mixture over your quote and let dry.
7) Take your mod podge and brush a thin layer over the wooden board and then lay your quote on top. Once stuck on spread another layer of mod podge over the top of the quote and entire board to seal together.
8) Let Dry.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page