DIY Personalized Serving Trays with Tracy Metro
- Select a frame.
- Remove any existing hanging hardware.
- Place your frame down on a good working surface in a landscape position.
- Decide if you want to install feet, handles or both.
- If installing feet, make sure to recess the feet in by about an inch (if available) so that they don't stick out beyond the edge of the frame.
- If installing handles, it is suggested that you install them on the short sides of the rectangular frame.
- TIP: In order to get the most accurate measurement/placement when installing a handle with 2 holes, make sure you measure the distance from the center of each screw hole.
- Measure the frame from top to bottom and make a pencil marking in the middle of the frame on both the left and right sides.
- Place your handles over this mark and make sure that the middle of your handle is over the pencil marking you have made.
- Using a pencil, lightly draw a circle on the frame around the top and the bottom of the handle.
- Drill a hole through the center of each of these circular markings that you have made.
- Feed the bolts through the drilled hole from the backside of the frame. The bolts should meet up with the handle on the front side of the frame.
- Screw the bolt into the base of the handles until tight on both the left and right side of the frame.
- Dust off the underside of the glass before adding materials inside the frame.
- Assemble personal photos from summer family vacations, summer-themed pictures drawn by children, tea towels, covers from greeting cards, recipe cards from Grandma's recipe collection – anything you'd like to fit inside your frame behind the glass.
- Assemble frame together as you would normally for a standard photo
- Adhere rubber feet or felt gliders, if desired.
- Clean and shine with Windex Touch Up Cleaner.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.