DIY Natural Dog Flea Solutions
- 12 ounces water
- 1 tablespoons of castile soap
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
- 3 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp aloe vera gel
- 1 Tbsp sweet almond oil (ticks dislike this oil)
- 4 drops lemon EO
- 4 drops Lavender EO
- 10 drops citronella EO
- 8 drops Cedarwood EO
- Distilled water to fill 8 oz. spray bottle
Directions for Flea Shampoo
Combine all ingredients and transfer to a pump plastic bottle. Recommended use: wash dog with this once a week during flea season.
Directions for Flea Collar
Make your own flea collar by taking an average collar and adding 10 drops of essential oil mixed with 2 tablespoons of veggie oil. Some great flea-repelling essential oil options include cinnamon, rosemary, wormwood, clove, peppermint, and cedar wood. Allow the collar to dry and then place it on your pet. It’s time to re-dose your pet’s collar when you no longer note the scent, generally every two weeks or so.
Directions for Flea Spray
1) Combine all ingredients in an 8 oz. spray bottle and store in a cool dark place.
2) TO USE: Safe for dogs 12 weeks and older. Shake well before each use. Lightly spray dogs entire coat until damp, but not dripping. Brush through. Repeat if necessary. Do not spray on the face.