DIY Moisturizing Lipstick
- 4 tbsp caster oil
- 4 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1.5 tsp eco soya wax
- 3 tsp Candelilla wax
1. Start by setting up the lip stick tubes in the pouring tray.
2. Make your base by placing the following in ingredients in a small plastic microwave safe measuring beaker
3. Microwave in for 60 seconds.
4. Mix your colors. This can get very messy so please make sure you wear latex gloves, cover your surface etc.
5. You can create any color using different oxides and mica
6. Place 8 tsp of chia seed in glass or plastic container.
7. Add 3 tsp coral mica, 6 tsp of cellini mica and 6 tsp bubble gum oxide. Use a tiny whisk to combine well, making sure all the lumps have disappeared. Use a heat-safe paper cup (from a coffee shop is fine) to melt your waxes and oils.
8. Use an old plastic yogurt or sour cream container to mix your color and chia oil
9. Add the color mixture to the oils, Blend well with a popsicle stick.
10. Carefully pour into molds. You can use a scraper to remove excess, so don't worry about over-filling.
11. Leave to set for a couple of hours.
Please Note: Using these colors and waxes can get messy! I recommend you use jars, cups and utensils that you don't mind if they take on a bit of the dye. To clean them, wipe out as much as you can with a paper towel, then use very hot water with dish soap, and clean wearing a pair of latex gloves that you can toss after.
Check out more DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Get more from Sophie at SophieUliano.com