DIY Luminous Lip & Cheek Stain
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax pellets
- ¼ tsp Vitamin E oil
- ¼ - ½ tsp beet juice
- ¼ tsp eye shadow
- spoolie brush
- lip balm jar
1. Pour your beet juice through a piece of cheesecloth to remove any tiny bits of sediment
2. Place the coconut oil and beeswax in a microwave-save container and microwave for 1 minute or until the beeswax pellets have melted
3. Leave to cool for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture begins to set/get cloudy (it’s really important that you wait until the mixture thickens/sets because if it’s too hot and liquid-y, the beet juice will separate.
4. Add the Vitamin E oil and beet juice and mix vigorously with a popsicle stick or a teaspoon. If it does separate, wait a few minutes, and then mix vigorously again.
5. Spoon into little lip balm pots. You can find them online, or you can use an old pot or jar (but make sure you sterilize it by soaking it in just-boiled water for a couple of minutes.
6. If you want to have a little sheen or glitter in your tint, brush the spoolie brush across your eye shadow until you brush off about 1/4 tsp worth of powder. Add this to the just-mixed lip tint and mix really well before spooning into the pot. This is will give you the perfect highlight on your cheeks and lips.
For more healthy living tips from Sophie visit, SophieUliano.com
Check out more fun DIY projects on the Home & Family Pinterest Page