The perfect gift for Easter!
- Basket; lined or unlined
- Plastic bag; if you can't find a lined basket you can line with with a plastic bag and secure it into the basket with a glue gun
- Potting soil
- Spray bottle
- Wheat grass seeds
- Place wheat grass seeds in a bowl and cover with water
- Allow to soak 8 hours or overnight
- Use a basket fitted with a plastic liner (You should be able to find these at a gardening store or craft store) OR line the basket with a plastic bag by gluing it in with a glue gun
- Fill the lined basket with moistened potting soil (use a spray bottle to moisten)
- Drain the wheat grass seeds and spread evenly over the grass
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in a place that will get good sunlight
- Allow to soak for 8 hours or overnight
- Make sure you fill basket with moist potting soil
- Spray 3 times a day for the first day
- Spray each day... it’s important to keep the seeds moist
- Once the seeds start sprouting you can remove the plastic wrap
- Spray every other day and watch the grass grow!
- You can tell if you are watering too much if the basket becomes heavy… if it is light then it needs to be watered
- The grass will need to be trimmed after about 5-7 days depending on how long you would like it to be
- The grass should last a few weeks if watered and trimmed properly
Return to Episode Guide >>
For more crafts and DIYs, please visit MariaProvenzano.com
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.