1. Take the back off of the shadow box and set aside.
2. Turn the shadow box over and use your frosted glass spray paint on the inside leaving the front nice and clean.
3. Use 2 or 3 coats of the spray to create an opaque look. Let dry 20 minutes in between each coat.
4. Keep it simple and use an LED under-cabinet strip you - a regular
light bulb could become a heat hazard - and LED give it the “glow” that you want!
5. Turn the shadow box over. Measure your letters and mark your glass for your magnetic strips a bit smaller than your letters. I’m using 2.5” letters, so I will be laying my strips 2” apart. This creates the look of the grooves that hold the letters on a real marquee. Measure and mark each side of the box so that your lines are straight.
6. Lay your self-adhesive magnetic strips down the front of your glass across like a marquee.
7. For the letters, refrigerator magnets will work. You might want to glue in the magnet to the top and the bottom to ensure that it stays.
8. If you want to put a hole in the back, then you can use a pair of scissors to cut the corner of the backing. If you want to hang it on the wall, you don’t have to put the back on.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page