· 10 stitches x 12 rows = 4”/10 cm in Stockinette Stitch
· CO = cast on
· K = knit
· M = marker
· P = purl
· P2tog = purl 2 stitches together
· RS = right side
· Sl = slip
· St(s) = stitch(es)
· WS = wrong side
· YO = yarn over
1. 8-st RC = Right crossing cable over 8 stitches.
2. Slip 4 stitches onto cable needle and let fall to the back; knit next 4 stitches, knit 4 stitches off of cable needle.
1. This project is worked flat, then seamed up the back.
2. CO 24 sts, placing a marker after the 8th and 16th sts.
Row 1 (RS): P8, sl m, k8, sl m, p8.
Row 2: K8, sl m, k4, p4, sl m, k8.
Rows 3-8: Repeat Rows 1-2.
Row 9: P8, sl m, 8-st RC
Row 10 (WS): K8, sl m, k4, p4, sl m, k8.
Rows 11-30: Repeat Rows 1-10, twice more.
Row 31 (eyelet row): *P2, YO, p2tog; repeat from * to end.
Row 32: K8, sl m, k4, p4, sl m, k8.
*Cable portion finished; you’ll no longer need stitch markers.
Row 33: *K2, p2; repeat from * to end.
Rows 34-42: Repeat Row 33.
*Bind off in rib pattern, leaving long tail for seaming.
1. Using tapestry needle and yarn tail, seam up side edges to create sleeve shape.
2. Weave in ends.
3. Cut a length of ribbon or trim, feed it through the eyelet rows. Slip sleeve over your favorite bevie bottle, cinch shut with a bow, and enjoy!
Vickie Howell is the creator of The Knit Show (YouTube), producer/host of the CRAFT*ish podcast, and founder of the knitting and crochet subscription box company, YarnYAY! For more information follow @vickiehowell on social media, and go to www.vickiehowell.com