DIY Hula Hoop Wreath
- Floral wire
- Green garland
- Wood (or metal) word (the choice of word is up to you!)
- Embroidery hoop (the larger the better)
- Fishing line
- Hot glue gun with glue
- OPTIONAL: Holiday or seasonal décor to add to the greenery.
1. Take the center part of the hoop out, as that is the part we will be using. You can use the other part of the hoop for an additional sign, or keep it for another craft project.
2. Wrap the garland around 2/3 of the hoop. Secure with green floral wire.
3. Take fishing line and hook up the outermost points on your word and attach them to the
inside of the hoop. You can dab a small amount of hot glue to secure the top of the fishing
line in place (otherwise it might slide down the curvature of the hoop)
4. Add ribbon to the very top of the hoop, leaving as much space as you may need to hang it
perfectly. You can tie this off with a fancy bow or just leave it knotted.
5. Have fun adding accessories for every celebration coming up!
1. Don’t use individual letters…try to find words that say what you want.
2. You could take the chance to hot glue them together, but trust me…it doesn’t work that great.
3. For the greenery, pick a fern-type of plant so that it can go with any season (stay away from pine, which looks like Christmas, or ivy that looks messy.)
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page