1. Buy a piece of polar fleece fabric at least 60 inches wide.
2. Cut all sides of fabric to be straight/remove any edge that is not your polar fleece fabric.
3. Cut small strips into one side of the fabric.
Tip: Plaid fabric is easier to work with because the lines are like a built in ruler that you can follow.
4. Repeat this on the opposite side.
5. Use a stencil to customize it into a holiday blanket.
6. Apply fabric paint with a sponge because it will allow paint to sit on fibers.
7. Allow paint to dry and fold with stencil on the outside.
8. Tie a ribbon around it and present as gift.