DIY Holiday Stocking Holders
- Craft boxes or box trays (you can get any size that would fit your mantel perfectly. I am using boxes that are 9” deep by 12” wide and 4” tall)
- Clothes pins (I’m using the large, chalk colored clothes pins. Note: You can also use hooks to hang your stockings.)
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Chalk hanging tags
- Chalk (or chalk pens)
- Pinecones (or any décor you’d like in the box)
- Paint (acrylic or spray paint)
- Balloon weights
- Fabric glue
- Any ribbon or decoration you would like on your stockings
1. Paint the boxes the color you would like them to be. You can use a dry-brush technique to keep some of the wood color showing through, or you can spray paint them for an all-over even look. I am dry-brushing the box and adding glitter for some holiday cheer.
2. Using hot glue, attach the clothes pins to the box where you would like the stockings to hang (the spacing will depend on how many stockings you plan to hang).
3. Add decorative ribbon to the clothes pins by using hot glue
4. Attach the chalk board tags to the middle of the ribbon using ribbon and hot glue.
5. Fill your box with balloon weights (at least two per box).
6. Fill your box with holiday décor
7. Attach your stockings to the clothes pins.
8. Set out on your mantel.
Notes: This is also great for people who do not have a mantel...you can hang these boxes off of a table or a countertop.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page