DIY Holiday Ship in a Bottle Ornaments
- Acrylic fillable ornaments
- Desired items for inside the ornaments (I used photos, small Christmas tree, a merry Christmas sign, ship wheel, an craft anchor, heart, twine, ribbon, stickers, etc.)
- Hot glue gun
- Craft paper (I used glitter paper and construction paper)
- Wire cutter
- Paint pens (I used red and gold)
- Any other decorations (I used bling adhesive jewels)
- Paint (if you want to paint any part of it)
- Spray bottle
- White vinegar
- Paper towel
- Spray paint – Krylon Looking Glass
- Spray paint – Krylon Gold
Directions for Ornaments
1. Take apart ornaments, and start with one half
2. Fill the ornaments with your décor
3. Hot glue any items you do not wish to move around 4. Attach the other half of the ornament
5. Add wire as a ornament hanger
6. Add any other décor (ribbon, twine, etc.)
Directions fro Mercury Glass Antiquing
1. Get your finished ornaments.
2. Spray the ornament with white vinegar in your spray bottle.
3. Take the “looking glass” spray paint and slightly cover your ornament. Go light on this first step.
4. Spray the ornament again with the white vinegar.
5. Spray the “looking glass” spray paint and add more to your ornament.
6. Repeat this process until you get the desired affect of antiquing you would like (go light if you have a lot of items in the ornament that you would like to be seen...others can cover the ornament only completely so it covers more of the contents).
7. When you have reached the desired color you would like of antiquing, spray one last pass of the vinegar.
8. Very gently, take paper towel and pat your ornament dry.
9. If you would like to add another element or color, do so now with a very light coat of spray paint. We are using gold metallic spray paint to enhance the Mercury finish. 10. Let dry for several hours before hanging it on your tree!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page