1. Mark the middle of the 24” round.
2. Attach the post skirt to the middle of the 24” round with screws.
3. On the 4x4, mark two sides at 15” down in the middle (this will be the arms for your snowman).
4. Take your 1 1’4” paddle bit and drill down on each side at an angle (so that the arms will slightly be pointed up).
5. On the 1 ¼” dowel, mark several places that you would like to add your branches towards the outer part of your dowel.
6. Where you marked, drill into the larger dowel with the ½” drill bit. This will be the smaller parts of the branches.
7. Cut the ½” dowels into smaller pieces ranging from 5” – 8”.
8. Put the smaller dowels into the larger dowel using wood glue. Let dry.
9. With a rag, apply the wood stain to the two dowels (and the smaller dowels) to give the branches an authentic look. This stain does not need to be perfect since we are mimicking a stick/branch in the wild.
10. Paint the rest of the structure white. Set aside to dry.
11. Attach the dowel arms to the holes in the 4x4 with wood glue.
12. Decorate your post with three large black buttons, painted on with black acrylic paint.
13. Decorate the face of your snowman however you would like.
14. Set this by the front door and invite your friends to hang up their jackets and scarves on your snowman!