DIY Herb Mug Garden
- Mug or vessel for the herb
- Herb of your choice (oregano shown here)
- Hallmark gift tag
- Small pair of scissors
- Ribbon (1/2 yard long)
1) First you’ll plant your herb inside the mug. I love how this one was unruly and the vines spilled over the top of the mug.
2) Once the herb is secure, write a note on the tag, perhaps with instructions on whether the herb prefers the sun or shade and how often to water it. Remember that these herbs don’t drain, so they don’t need much water to thrive. You’ll just want to keep the dirt damp.
3) Tie one end of the string to the handle of the mug, thread your tag onto the string and then tie the scissors to the other end of the string.
4) Lastly, you can make a marker for the herb if you want. Use whatever you have laying around...a paper flag on the end of a toothpick, a garden marker if you have an extra one lying around or a popsicle stick.
Check out more DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page