DIY "Give Thanks" Door Tags
- ¼” plywood 24”x48”
- ½” rope, 4’ long
- Black paint
- Saw (can use miter saw, hand saw, circular saw, jig saw, etc.)
- 5/8” Paddle bit
- Sand paper (coarse grit)
- Light water-based stain
- Cloth or paint brush for the stain
- •OPTIONAL: Hot glue and glue sticks
1. Cut the wood to look like two gift tags, each 24” x 12”
2. Cut the two sides of each piece of wood, 2” from the top sides
3. Measure a place for the hole between the top sides, ½” from the top
4. Drill a hole
5. Take sand paper and sand all of the cut edges
6. Take the paintbrush and black paint and write a word on each plank of board, in the script of your choosing. If you don’t feel comfortable free-handing, you can get stencils.
7. Let the black paint completely dry.
8. Add a light coat of stain with a cloth or paintbrush.
9. When dry, lead the rope through the hole in each board and tie them off about 8” from the board, so they can hang down at least 8”.
10. You can hang them together loose, or use hot glue to secure the boards together so that you can read them while they hang.
11. Hang them on your door and enjoy! Voila!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest page