DIY Game Board Rug
- Jute Rug
- White Fabric Paint
- Painter’s Tape
- Colored Picnic Plates
1. Using some painter’s tape, mark out the pattern with a tape measure to form a checkerboard pattern.
2. Paint every other square using some white fabric paint.
3. Fabric paint can be found at craft store and home improvement stores for around $4.00 a tube
4. Let the paint dry completely.
5. Pull the tape up and you will have a checkerboard pattern that gives the rug a homey, custom feel and is still stylish enough to look good in any room.
6. Use colored plates for game pieces; they are cheap and disposable so you can throw them away when you are done, or keep using them. It's up to you.
7. Now you have a fun checkerboard game that you can play inside.
8. On the flip side, you can also make a tic tac toe board. Mark the game pieces with x's and o's and BOOM you have a whole different game on the other side of your rug.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Get more from Dan Kucan at MortiseTenon.com