1. First, cut 3 wood pieces. You’ll take your half inch plywood, & cut them by 17 ½ x 17 ½ (those will be your top, bottom, and ottoman seat pieces).
2. Make 4 vertical bars (for your ottoman support) by cutting your 2x2’s plywood into 16 x 16-inch length.
3. For your horizontal bars (to support the wood storage) you’ll need to make 2 bars by cutting the 2x2’s plywood into 14 ½ x 14 ½ length.
4. Have your local hardware store cut the wood for you if needed.
5. Dab the ends of the 4 supporting bars with wood glue.
6. Screw the 4 supporting bars into all 4 corners of the top & bottom pieces.
7. Take your measuring tape & make an 8-inch pencil mark on your supporting bars.
8. Take your horizontal bars & literally push them in between your supporting bars. Make sure the 8-inch mark is lined up in the middle.
9. Then screw in the from sides.
10. When you screw in from the other side make sure you don't run your screw into the other screw that's already set. AKA be sure to offset your screw placement.
1. Use the 3rd piece of the of your half-inch plywood & use it as a template to cut from your foam sheet to make the cushion.
2. Once that's cut take the fabric of your choice & put over top.
3. Cut around the foam & make sure there is enough fabric to wrap around to the backside of the cushion.
4. Fold up your fabric around to the back piece of your wood block & staple gun it to the back.
5. When you get to the corners, fold the fabric like a present to avoid bubbling. If you need to cut off extra fabric to make the fold smoother, then do so.
6. Flip the ottoman upside down, on to the cushion.
-Take 4 screws & screw them into the cushion to secure it on the ottoman.
7. Once that’s done paint your ottoman white or a color of your choice.
8. Throw your firewood in the bottom & enjoy!