DIY Firecracker Door Hang
- Pool noodle
- Wire (floral or picture-hanging wire will do)
- Craft paper in festive July 4th colors
- Glue (glue stick, double sided tape, regular tape - whatever you have laying around the house!)
- Printer to print a "Happy 4th of July" sign
- Kitchen knife (serrated)
- July 4th spray and/or garland and/or thick rope
- Red white or blue ribbon
- Any various decorations you can muster up to make this thing look
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Card stock
- Small flags
- Couple of toilet paper rolls
1. Cut your pool noodle with a kitchen knife in the desired height that you would like 3 larger
firecrackers (this will depend on how big your door is)
2. Take your craft paper and roll it around each cylinder and secure with glue or tape.
3. Repeat this process for the toilet paper rolls
4. Add sprays or garland or rope to the top of each firecracker. You could also take craft
paper and roll them up to a point to look like the top of the firecracker. Each one can be
5. Lay out your three covered pool noodles with your covered tp rolls how you would like
them to hang on the door.
6. Hot glue them together
7. For extra support, bore a hole through the firecrackers just big enough for your wire to go
8. Thread your wire from one side of the structure to the other side. Leave excess on both
9. Add extra wire on top to hold the door hang.
10. Wrap festive ribbon around the whole thing.
11. On card stock, write (or download from the internet) "Happy 4th of July", then print it
12. Hot glue the sign on your door hang.
13. Now hang it on the door with pride!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page