1. Always apply contact paper to a clean, dry surface.
2. Don't apply contact paper over a bumpy surface, such as over old paint. Use sandpaper to smooth a surface before applying contact paper.
3. If you wash or wipe down a surface before applying the paper, give it enough time to dry thoroughly.
4. As you apply the paper, run a ruler or straight edge along the front surface to push out any air bubbles as you go along.
5. After applying the paper, wipe it down with a rag to ensure that it is attached to the surface.
6. If you end up with bubbles, you can always fix it. Use a pin and pop the bubble and then smooth it out.
7. If you want to take it off use a blow dryer, put it on high and start peeling the contact paper off. The heat helps the paper unstuck and it’s easy.