DIY Father's Day Gift Baskets with Monica Potter
- Chalkboard paint
- Various glasses
- Wax paper
- Paper towels
- 100 & 600 grade sandpaper
- Chalkboard paint's super thick, so make sure you blend it well before using.
- Dip the glass a quarter to halfway in the paint.
- Drip the excess paint off as much as possible over the container.
- Place the dipped glass onto the wax paper to dry.
- You will need to gently remove it from the wax paper every twenty minutes to keep the glass from sticking to the paper.
- After the paint has thoroughly dried (around 3-4 hours), slowly sand off the paint from the bottom of the glass with the 100 grade sandpaper.
- If you press the sandpaper flush against the bottom of the glass, you'll get a nice round circle without taking any of the paint off the edges.
- Gently sand any bubbles or imperfections from the chalk paint with the 600 grade sandpaper, then rinse off with water.
- Dust off and claim your glass in chalk!
Make sure you visit mrspotter.com for even more great craft ideas from Monica Potter!
“Parenthood” returns this fall on NBC!