1. Sanitize all your prep materials as if you are going to do food canning. Boil all heat proof utensils
2. Sanitize plastic bottles with rubbing alcohol
3. Place rose petals and rose hips at the bottom of 21 quart stock pot and cover with distilled
water. Let soak for 1 hour
4. Place metal veggie steam basket inside pot and place wide mouth glass bowl on top of
steamer, close pot lid and turn on fire and start gentle boil
5. When solution starts steaming, remove pot lid and place upside down on pot. The steam
will rise to the lid, accumulate and then drip unto the glass bowl below.
6. Add bag of ice and place on top of lid to encourage condensation in the pot and cause
more rose water to be caught.
7. After a couple of hours or when water stops collecting in pot, turn off fire and allow rose
water to cool
8. When water has cooled, place a coffee filter on an colander and run the rose water
9. Finally, use a sanitized funnel to store your DIY rose water.
10. Place in refrigerator for 3 to 5 days for maximum freshness.
11. Use as a skin toner, , refreshing splash, tea or cooking base
Check out more from Shirley at EdenMakers.com