1. Make a loop around toothpick and tape ribbon to itself
2. Pinch ribbon to get a snug start and begin to wrap into a spool
3. Repeat until spool reaches approximately 1⁄2 inch and you can spool without the toothpick
4. Continue to wrap, pulling tight as you spool.
5. Switch colors when you want and tape end to the spool. Continuing with new color as before
6. Coasters are approximately 4-1/2 inches in diameter.
7. Pitcher is 6-1/2 to 7 inches
8. Periodically as ribbon creeps up, you tamp it down to keep it packed tightly and flat. Use a rubber mallet or your hand. Tamp it right away or your won’t be able to flatten.
9. After the spool reaches about 2-3 inches in size you can lay it flat and continue spooling horizontally
10. At desired size, cut end and tape to the spool.
11. Paint a thin coat of Mod Podge over entire surface front and back
12. Let dry (about a couple of hours)
13. Use coaster to trace circle on cork
14. Cut carefully with matte knife
15. Using Glue gun, Glue cork to coaster bottom
16. Spray Mod Podge Acrylic spray over top surface (avoiding cork)
17. Let dry overnight
18. Set your table and enjoy
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page