1. Use a wood cheese paddle as the back of the stand. We used a board with 16.75 x 7.5 dimensions. You can also use a piece of craft wood if you don’t have a cheese board you want to use.
2. Use a small piece of scrap wood to create a lip that will hold the cookbook in place. You will need two pieces that are the same size.
Tip: If there are any splinters in the wood, use sandpaper to smooth it out
3. Use wood glue to attach one of the small scrap wood pieces to the bottom of the cheese paddle. Once that is secure, glue the second piece onto the edge of the one that is already in place. This will form the lip your tablet or cookbook will be secured by.
Note: You can use a nail gun to secure the lip in place. If you don’t have a nail gun, allow wood glue to dry for 24 - 48 hours.
4. Use the back of a $1 picture frame and attach to the back of your cheese paddle using wood glue and hot glue gun for extra security.
5. Use twine and tie a knot through the loop of your cheese paddle. You can hang the paddle or prop it up with the backing.
6. Cut out vinyl lettering to fit wood.
7. Place vinyl on wood facing down and use a straight edge to scrape, the vinyl will stay on the wood.
Note: Each vinyl will have a different way to attach to wood so make sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions