Directions for Crepe Paper Trees
1. If using sheets of crepe paper; cut them into 1-inch wide strips, otherwise the size of a party streamer can be used.
2. Use scissors to create a fringed look by cutting about ½ way into the strips of crepe paper.
3. Break or cut the skewers into a variety of lengths.
4. Glue the end of your fringed crepe paper strip onto the base of a skewer; make sure to leave enough of the skewer uncovered by the fringe so that it can be placed into the cake.
5. Wrap the crepe paper around and up the skewer, adding some drops of glue along the way.
6. Once you reach the top of the skewer with the crepe paper, secure it with another drop of hot glue.
7. Fluff the tree using your hands, carefully, and add more fringe using the scissor if needed.
8. Optional; use a paint brush and white paint to add a touch of a snowy look to the trees.
Directions for Christmas Hoop Cake Topper
1. Paint the letters to spell “merry” or any words you like.
2. Glue the letters onto a long piece of string.
3. Tie the string onto the macramé ring so that the word hangs in the center, it also helps to add a dot of hot glue onto the area where the string is tied to prevent any sliding of the string.
4. Secure the skewers to the sides of the ring using the floral tape, so that it will hold the ring up.
5. Cut piece of green crepe paper to create a fringed look (similar to creating the trees) and secure onto the ring with floral tape.
6. Use the hot glue gun to attach the mini pom-poms onto the design where you would like.