DIY Cat Toys
- Felt fabric in assorted colors
- Thick sewing thread
- Catnip (dried and oil form)
- Yarn (small amount)
Directions for Fish Toy
1. Draw a little sardine and cut it out.
2. Trace this sardine onto your desired color of felt.
3. Fold the felt over so that when you are cutting, you cut two exact same size fish. You can use small pins to hold it in place if it’s easier for you.
4. Cut out two exact size fish.
5. Take your thread and start threading around the outside of the fish with a blanket stitch
6. Don’t completely finish your stitch around your fish. Leave about an inch opening for cat nip.
7. Create a little funnel with your left-over card stock.
8. Fill the fish full of catnip.
9. Finish off your stitch.
10. For an added feature, use your thread to create a little fish eye ball. You can just do this with a stitch that looks like an “x”.
Directions for Felt Ball Treats
1. Take the felt and cut it in pieces about 3” long and ½” wide. You will want a bunch of these to create the look of a ball.
2. Take your thick thread and tie a double (even triple) knot in the middle.
3. Take your yarn and cut a length about 20” long.
4. Tie that around your thick thread knot.
5. Fan out your felt pieces so that they are full.
6. Add oil cat-nip to the pieces (since the dried will fall off).
7. Enjoy with your kitty!
Directions for Sock Treats
1. With your leftover card stock, create a funnel.
2. Grab the top of your sock around the funnel and fill the sock with dried catnip.
3. Hold the sock up and see how large you would like your toy. Cut off any excess sock at the top.
4. Add a few feathers into the catnip so that they are sticking out the top of your sock.
5. Take the thick thread and tie tightly across the top of the sock near the base of your feathers. Double and triple knot this so your kitty doesn’t easily open it.
6. Play with your new toy!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page