Directions for Stand
1. Reference Paige’s Apple Cider Station for instructions on how to make the bar. You can also use an entry table, dining table, or even card table with tablecloth on it. Work with whatever you have around the house!
2. Paint bar red and allow to dry
3. Dry brush white over red
4. Use 1x3 wood to build a frame in the back of the table
5. Install wood using a drill
6. Take a 2x3 chalk board and write out “Candy Cane Lane”, “Hot Chocolate Bar”, etc.
Tip: You can print the Candy Cane Lane template out online and glue onto wood board instead of using chalkboard
7. Install chalkboard into the frame
Directions for Spoons
1. Preheat oven to 200-250 degrees
2. Unwrap candy canes and place in sealable plastic bag
3. Use a rolling pin to crush candy canes
4. Tip: Make sure candy cane reaches a fine grain like consistency. The large pieces will stick out of the spoon
5. Fill silicone spoon molds with the crushed candy canes
6. Heat candy canes until they are melted (About 10 minutes)
7. Allow the spoon to cool enough for you to remove
8. Remove spoons from silicon mold
9. Melt candy melts in the microwave
10. Dip spoons in melted candy melts
11. Decorate with colored sprinkles
Directions for Marshmallows
1. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in the same bowl you will be doing your mixing in.
2. Let sit for 5 minutes so that the gelatin is absorbed by the water. Meanwhile, oil and 13×9 inch baking pan.
3. In a sauce pan whisk together the honey and salt over medium heat.
4. Add the vanilla bean and the seeds!
5. Turn the heat to medium/high and bring the mixture to 240 degrees using a candy thermometer whisking every so often if needed.
6. Once the mixture has reached 240 degrees removed the vanilla bean pod with tongs and very slowly add the honey to the gelatin mixture on low/medium speed.
7. Once it is all added turn the mixture to high and beat for about 10 minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy. It’s really fun to watch this happen!
8. Pour into prepared baking pan and let set at room temperature, overnight, uncovered. This is the hard part…. you cannot cut them until the next day.
9. When you are ready to cut the marshmallows you are going to want to remove them from the pan. Just loosen up the sides of the pan and it should slide out.
Tip: To make them easier to cut I sprinkle them with powdered sugar. You can use a knife, but a pizza cutter will work as well.
10. Then toss the small pieces in a bowl with some powdered sugar and evenly coat.