1. Gather branches. This is a great time to clean out your yard or take down smaller branches as you prune trees or bushes. Gather all branches regardless of size or shape.
2. Clean up. Remove all leaves, broken branches; wipe down branches for dirt, etc.
3. Choose where you will put your piece. Is it going to hang over a coffee table, your kitchen table? Does it line your mantle, or down the middle of your dining table? This will dictate the size and shape of the branch.
4. Prune & layer to fit your space. Place your branches where they will lay or hang, cut the branches to fit that space. Try layering different branches on top of each other to create a full look.
5. PAINT! Spray paint your branches in a well-ventilated area. Remember to allow dry time between layers of paint. Paint top view and bottom view.
6. Pick your lights. Bulb lights, fairy lights, colored bulbs, wire string lights? Get creative; try different combinations with the branches. Remember to take into account your power source, can you plug in or do you need to use a battery pack?
7. Place your piece. If you are using a battery pack, take a thin gauge wire to secure the battery pack to the branch. If you are hanging the branches use several pieces of wire to secure the branches to one “O” ring to hang from.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page