- While florals are definitely one of the hottest spring trends, Derby Day is the one day that the style can be taken to the head, allowing us to embrace the loudest floral hat designs.
- Glamorous cocktail hats in shades of striking pastels are perfect for an afternoon spring party.
- Many feature trims with antique and handmade flowers, with lovely matching veils.
- $100 and up - Floral designs from Louise Green Millinery, www.LouiseGreen.com
PLAY UP PROPORTIONS/BRIMS & FEATHERS
- I've always been a fan of the sexy, romantic wide-brimmed hat as the curves of the design truly help to frame a woman's face (Betty Davis style).
- Made of silk/linen combination fabrics. Feathers & bows are very on trend as well and add décor to the plain wide brim.
- Paired with red lipstick and/or corals to bring out the contours of the face.
- We can't leave out the men at the Derby! The Cloche Design is popular, in addition to the wide brimmed hat.
- $50- $175, Goorin Bros. Hat Shop, www.Goorin.com
NEONS, NEONS, NEONS/COLOR BLOCKING
- Neon clothing from top to bottom is still on point for spring/summer, making these hats ideal accoutrements for the red or black peplum Derby Dress.
- Neon colors are also displayed in color blocking patterns from lime greens to shocking yellow. These hats are actually crafted from conditioned plant fibers in Madagascar and dyed to perfection. **This process employs thousands on an island where it is estimated by the World Bank that 70% of Malagasy live on less than $1.00 per day.
- $30 - $50 - Designs from LiveWorldly.com
FOR THE ULTRA – LUXE WOMAN
- Louise Green Celeb Finds: Louise Green is known throughout the world for his illustrious hat designs that are made of only the finest materials and fabrics.
- Considered pure feats of craftsmanship.
- Celebrity fans include Taylor Swift, Marisa Miller, Sofia Vergara, Lauren Conrad, Ashlan Gorse, and Debra Messing. Whether you opt for a pillared bow or more upscale, there's not a doubt you will be bringing it come Derby Day!
- $100 and upward – Louise Green Millinery, www.LouiseGreen.com
For more with style and trend expert Brittney H. Levine, go to
www.brittneyhlevine.com and follow her on Twitter
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at