Fall Harvest Recipes
- 1# of pasta of your choice
- 2 cups cauliflower, boiled or steamed until soft, drained well
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 Tbsp of earth balance vegan butter or 2 Tbsp of oil.
- 2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2-3/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese
- **Buttered panko bread crumbs for garnish
- Panko bread crumbs, vegan butter, fresh thyme, touch of salt, lightly toasted in a sauce pan until browned.
1) Cook pasta, slightly undercook, drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
2) Boil or steam cauliflower and set aside.
3) In a large saucepan or dutch oven, saute the shallot and garlic in a little bit of vegan butter/oil until it becomes fragrant, being careful not to burn.
4) Add salt, pepper, turmeric, dijon, cayenne, and lemon juice and milk and whisk to combine. Add nutritional yeast and continue stirring. Heat until hot but don't boil. Remove from heat.
5) In a food processor blend cashews until smooth, add cauliflower and process until combined.
6) Slowly add warm milk mixture into the food processor. Put back in pot and add the cheese. Heat until melted. Fold in the pasta. Taste and adjust for seasoning. **If desired place in a baking pan and top with buttered bread crumbs and broil until crunchy.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page