Debbie Macomber's Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate Zucchini Ingredients
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinammon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
Chocolate Zucchini Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat two 9-by-5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and zucchini until blended. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinammon, salt, and baking powder. Fold the zucchini mix into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Chocolate Ganache Recipe:
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Place cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour over chocolate and let stand until chocolate has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until smooth. Let cool slightly before using.