Holiday Recipes - Main Dishes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2(15-ounce) cans cannelloni beans
- 6 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Secret Ingredients:
- 8 ounces tubetini pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1) Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion for a minute.
2) Add the two cans of beans with the six cups of water.
3) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Add the cinnamon, cover and bring to a boil.
5) Boil for 15 minutes, then reduce heat and simmer for one and a half hours.
6) Simmer very slowly. Check occasionally and add boiling water as necessary.
7) Add the pasta and continue simmering until the pasta is al dente.
8) Remove from heat and serve with grated cheese sprinkled on top.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page