Holiday Recipes - Main Dishes
- 4 chicken breast cutlets (about 1 pound)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, plus 1 Tbsp oil from the jar
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ C dry white wine
- ½ C heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp thinly sliced basil leaves
- Garnish: basil sprigs
- 2 lbs small brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, outer leaves removed, and halved
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (2 medium)
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 C lightly toasted pecan halves
- ½ C sweetened dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp crumbled goat cheese
Directions for Chicken Braised in Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
1. Pat the chicken dry. Season with the salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp oil from the jar in a large skillet over medium-high. Cook the chicken 1 minute on each side or just until golden.
2. Remove the chicken. Stir in the garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add the wine, cream, and tomatoes, stirring to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook over medium-high until the mixture comes to a boil. Add the chicken, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
3. Cover and cook 5 minutes or just until the chicken is done. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate, and add the basil to the sauce. Season to taste with the salt and pepper and serve over the chicken. Top with the thinly sliced basil. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Directions for Brussels Sprouts
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Stir together the Brussels sprouts, 1 ½ Tbsp of the olive oil, and 1 tsp of the salt on a small rimmed baking sheet
3. Stir together the cubed sweet potatoes, the remaining 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil, 1 ½ Tbsp of the maple syrup, cinnamon, and the remaining ½ tsp salt on another small rimmed baking sheet
4. Bake the vegetables, stirring and rotating the pans halfway through, for 20-25 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are lightly browned and the potatoes are tender
5. Stir together the Brussels sprouts, potaotes, pecans and cranberries in a large bowl. Stir in the remaining 1 ½ Tbsp maple syrup, and top with the crumbled goat cheese.
TIP: If you only have one large baking sheet, you can roast the Brussels sprouts and the sweet potatoes at the same time on the same pan. Just separate them, Brussels sprouts to one side, sweet potatoes to the other.