Holiday Recipes - Desserts
- ½ c unsalted butter (one stick) (can sub with vegan butter)
- 1 c all purpose ﬂour
- 1 c sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- ⅛ t salt
- ¾ t vanilla extract
- ½ t almond extract
- ¾ cup milk (can sub any non dairy milk)
- 4 c Blackberries, or any seasonal fruit of your choice (frozen ﬁne too just need to defrost and drain excess liquid)
- ½ t of lemon zest (½ lemon)
- 2 T turbinado sugar
- In a standard rectangular baking dish, place the stick of butter in the dish in the oven and let it melt, swirling it around once it starts to melt (watching so as not to burn).
- Combine all ingredients - except the fruit - until completely mixed. Once batter is mixed, pour into baking dish on top of the melted butter, spreading over the entire dish.
- Mix the lemon zest and sugar with the fruit. Top the batter with the fruit, evenly spreading over the entire surface of the batter (do not mix just top). It will bake up and around the fruit.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes until desired color is achieved. I tend to cook it a little longer to get some crunchy bites.
- Serve with whip cream, ice cream, or yogurt. I usually end up eating it for breakfast :)