Holiday Recipes - Appetizers
- Bacon strips
- 7 grain bread
- Cocktail tomatoes
- Boston lettuce
- Spicy mayonnaise
- Quail Egg
- 1 cup of ice
- 1-1/2 ounces Citron Vodka
- 1 ounce of Cointreau
- 1 ounce of cranberry juice
- ½ ounce of fresh lime- juice
- 2 fresh cranberries
- 1 lime peel twist
- Fresh mint for garnish
Directions for the BLT sandwich:
- Cut bacon into thirds. Fry in pan
- Place bacon from oven onto paper towels to drain excess fat.
- Use cookie cutter to cut circles out of the lettuce & bread. Slice tomatoes. Spread mayo on bread.
- Assemble starting with bread, lettuce, tomato, & bacon. Repeat. Skewer with cocktail forks.
Directions for the cosmopolitan:
- Place your Martini glasses in the freezer for 15 minutes to get them frosty cold!
- Place all of the ingredients except the lime twist in a cocktail shaker
- Shake vigorously for 20 seconds and strain into the chilled cocktail glass.
- Twist the lime peel over the drink and drop it in with the cranberries!
- Garnish with a small stem of fresh mint!
Suggested combinations for Crostini Toppings:
1. Salmon w/ chive cream cheese, dill, small cucumber on top
2. Ricotta Cheese cucumber mint, and dill
3. Ricotta, Fried Egg, chives
4. Ricotta, Lemon Zest, Thyme,
5. Ricotta Cheese, Balsamic, Strawberries, fresh mint
6. Goat Cheese Leeks
7. Ricotta Cheese, Blueberries, olive oil
8. Ricotta Cheese, Radishes, parsley, olive oil
9. Cream Cheese, Pesto, Heirloom tomatoes,
10. Goat cheese, fig jelly, shaved parm
11. Ricotta Jalepeno, Cilantro, Sea Salt, Olive Oil
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.