Countdown to Christmas Holiday Recipes
- 4 sticks salted butter
- 1 Large SWEET onion diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 2 heaping tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 6 cups dry oatmeal (I like the Quaker brand old fashioned instead of the quick oats)
- 1-2 Jar(s) Heinz Turkey Gravy
In a large sauce pan:
1) Melt butter and saute' diced onion and celery until softened.
2) Stir in seasonings and let simmer for a minute or so.
3) Add gravy (start with 1 jar) and let simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Salt & pepper to taste
In extra Large Crock Pot…
1) Add oats and pour simmered mixture over and stir until all is moistened.
2) Set temp to low/med and cook covered for 1 ½ hours stirring/folding occasionally until preferred taste.
3) Stir in more gravy if it's too dry or if it need more flavor.
4) So much of this recipe is by eye and taste...
5) You can add more butter/gravy for moister stuffing or more oatmeal for drier stuffing.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page