- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking SODA
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- (Blend ingredients below until creamy)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds (four 8-ounce boxes) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
Directions for Cookie Crust
1) Add 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
2) Add 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3) Add flour to wet ingredients
4) Refrigerate dough 1 hour.
5) Spread the cookie dough into a greased or parchment paper covered 9x9 baking pan
6) BAKE at 350 degrees, 10 minutes
5) Remove from oven and allow to cool
6) Pour cheesecake recipe on top of your chocolate cookie crust in the pan
Directions for Cheesecake
Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees
1) Mix the cream cheese until it is soft and creamy, about 4 minutes.
2) Add granulated sugar and salt and continue to mix until the cream cheese is light and fluffy.
3) Mix in the vanilla extract.
4) Add the eggs one by one and beat mixture for a well aerated batter.
5) Reduce the mixer speed to low and stir in the heavy cream.
6) Place your baking pan (with baked chocolate cookie in it) into the center of a larger casserole baking dish
7) Give the batter one last stir with a spatula to ensure everything is evenly blended.
8) Pour your cheesecake batter into your cookie dough crust
9) Fill your outside baking casserole dish with warm-hot water up to 1⁄4 of the outside of the baking pan
10) Bake cheesecake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
11) Remove from oven and let the cheesecake come to room temperature on a cooling rack.
12) Cover and refrigerate in the pan for at least 4 hours (overnight would be best.)
13) Cut into squares and top with Santa hat (see below)
Directions for Tops with Santa Hats
1) Place a dollop of cool whip on top of your cheesecake square
2) Place your strawberry (stem removed) like a hat on top of your cheesecake square
3) Put a small dot of cool whip on the tip of the strawberry for santa hat effect
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page