Giant Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 12-ounce bag peanut butter chips
Makes 18 cookies
Two great tastes combine in a cookie that brings out the kid in all of us. Serve with a tall glass of milk.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl with electric mixer on high speed, cream butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs; beat until blended. Beat in cocoa powder. Beat in flour, salt, and baking powder until just combined. Fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips. Use a wooden spoon to gently turn the dough in bowl to ensure all ingredients are combined. 3. Drop dough by 1/3 cup craggy balls onto prepared sheets. Press down on balls to flatten slightly. Bake 16 to 18 minutes (16 minutes yields a very fudgy cookie). Let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Tip: Take cookies out of the oven when they still seem a bit underbaked and soft in the middle.
Recipe from " Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook."